jueves, 4 de marzo de 2021

Project Megálē Hellás: The Ancient Greece in Lego

Hey! This is a series of posts I plan to do here where I will show the stuff I build related to the Ancient Greece. The main goal I have is to show something I never showed before since I always show the finished result (a minifig or a group of them, a vehicle or a MOC I build or a stopmotion) but never the process it has until it's done. I want to inspire people seeing this to build their own things too and it will include some fast history lessons about what I build. Nothing special. I'm not the one to teach big things anyway. 

Photo of the Parthenon in Athens.
Source: https://www.history.com/news/ancient-greece-architecture-photos


The Ancient Greece was formed by a group of different cities-state (Polis) being the most famous ones Athens and Sparta. Sparta is my main inspiration to build. I'm not going to lie guys. My favourite moment and battle of the Ancient era is the Battle of the Thermopylae (even Roman Empire era is one of my favourite ones to study). One of my favourite battles of the whole history. What could be more epic than 300 men (plus 1000 from another Polis history forgots about) fighting against around 100.000-300.000 enemies ? 

Source: Pinterest


So far I have only done a test of minifigs trying around custom clothes over them to check how they look. Lego has a Spartan minifig from a Minifig Series already but it's yellow. They are so expensive sadly. I want mines in Flesh color (sorry Light Nougat ;-) hehe). I think it has never been done before at least I haven't seen them. If you search for Lego Spartans on Google you will find some very interesting stuff. Battle of Thermopylae for example has been done several times still I think what I will do won't be just the same as it can happen with WW2 related builds since WW2 is what most people (included me) build about.



The minifigs test I have done so far.




For the minifigs I will use the original torso LEGO used with legs that are fully light nougat color or at least in the bottom part so I can use them with the piece of red clothes over it as shown above. Due to the costs of the stuff I want my Spartans to have some parts will be fake Lego parts from AliExpress like the helmet or the sword. I hope you don't mind it guys haha. Legs torso including arms and hands plus head will be official Lego parts so the minifig is technically all original :-)
In the next updates I will show you how to create the clothes. (very easy but anyway I want to show so everyone who wants can do their own customs)

Hope you like how this idea sounds. Can't wait to see where it takes and which things I'm able to show you in the next months. I'm really excited about it.

By the way Megálē Hellás is how was called in old Greek language the cities they funded in the (nowadays) Italian part. 

To finish here you have some great epic inspiration with the cinematic videos of Assassins Creed Odyssey about the Battle of Thermopylae.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario